1. We define where we want to go
Our trajectory is a function of direction multiplied by force. Most companies work really hard, but they don't have a clear direction. We review our direction every week, we don't seek consensus, we seek the truth.
2. We apply relentless pressure
We will it into existence. We set a goal, and then we do it. We keep coming back, there is relentless pressure. Us or them. Kill, or be killed.
3. We are not desperate
Desperation leads to loss. There is never a reason to get truly desperate. Most problems are external and self-imposed, larger than we make them seem. If you are desperate to find answers, you will get to fragile solutions.
4. We take breaks
Execute ruthlessly, break, reflect, improve 5%, plan next cycle, repeat. Do that as many times per year as possible = massive growth.
5. We do things right
It's too easy to think that things will just take care of themselves We always go the extra mile to identify root causes of problems, and rip them out.
6. We only aim for the sun
If today, you set out on a do-or-die plan to run 25 kilometers, you might succeed. But, if you went out to run 250 kilometers you would at least get to kilometer 100, after which you might drop dead. We aim high and expect to hit our target. Where others are impressed, we have already moved on to the next step in our plan. Changing an industry requires a different way of sizing things up, and a willingness to self-destruct in the process.
7. We don't check our phones during a workout
We rather create a product that a small group of people absolutely love, than a product a lot of people kind of like. We focus on one thing at a time and try to do that really well. We don’t start the next thing until the first is finished.
8. We pick up the trash.
There is unrestricted ownership on all levels. We spot-check by holding one another accountable to Upfront's standards. Within Upfront, we take on ownership and responsibility for difficult tasks eagerly. We commit, don’t back out, and never expect others to take over.
9. We talk
We communicate constantly and clearly, you try to speak your mind. Poor communication is never an excuse for poor performance, never excepted, and unworthy of the Upfront team.
10. We meet
Most companies believe in as few meetings as possible. That is stupid. Innovation happens when ideas have sex, not online, but in a room.
11. We question
To succeed we have to make sure we find the truth all the time. We try really hard to be honest about where we stand, so we can abandon bad ideas quickly. Fuck sunk costs, its the truth that matters. But, we also question what’s normal, and why things are done the way they are
12. We walk the line between order and chaos
We Identify high reward risks, and take them, constantly. We're done when we are the largest food company in the world.
If you do not feel excited after opening the above links, please do not apply for this job. If you do feel excited, it would help if you can send a short motivation to me, firstname.lastname@example.org
For our fast-growing food startup, Upfront, we are looking for someone that can lead the development of new products.
As Head of Product, you are responsible for:
- Identifying food trends
- Finding suited manufacturers in Europe
- Researching health - what makes a product healthy?
- Researching ingredients - what makes an ingredient good or bad?
- Developing (with the manufacturer) a recipe
- Price negotiations with the manufacturer
- Creating production schedules
- Designing and buying labels + packaging
- Managing inventory and supply of product/labels/ingredients
- You have 1-2 years of experience developing food
- You have done something impressive concerning food/health
- You have a passion for health/fitness
- You can work 5 days per week from our office in Rotterdam
- You are good with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- You are not too afraid of taking risks
- You are honest and Upfront
- You don't have a problem speaking your mind
- You are organized (very important, as we are not)
- You are humble, your ego isn't too dominant
We work hard, and we expect the same from you. In return, you will have fun at work, and we will give you as much freedom you want. Learn more about the ways we work together: https://upfrontfood.com/pages/ethos
What we offer:
- A decent salary
- Possibility to grow
- Working in a dynamic small team
- A desk, laptop, and a cool office
- The possibility to have a real impact on the food industry
Dutch language is a must
Voor onze snelgroeiende food startup zijn wij op zoek naar iemand die de marketing kan leiden.
Als Head of Marketing ben je verantwoordelijk voor:
- Het maken van content: Videos, infographics, social posts, emails
- Het maken van de content stategie
- Het uitvoeren van deze strategie via Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn
- Het plannen van de marketing campagnes
- Het groeien van de social media accounts
- Het opzetten van email campagnes en flows
- Het bouwen van het marketing team
- Marketing hype omzetten in sales
- Je hebt een passie voor gezondheid en fitness
- Je kan 5 dagen per week werken uit ons kantoor in Rotterdam
- Je bent comfortabel voor de camera
- Je bent goed met Photoshop en Premiere Pro
- Je bent niet bang risico’s te nemen
- Je bent eerlijk en ‘Upfront’
- Je neemt geen blad voor de mond
- Je hebt een passie voor social media
- Je bent georganiseerd, creatief, en ondernemend (je zal je werk voor een groot deel zelf in moeten vullen)
- Je haalt energie uit comments beantwoorden of met klanten bellen
- Je bent 'humble' en staan open voor nieuwe learnings
Meer leren over de Upfront cultuur en werkwijze kan op: https://upfrontfood.com/pages/over-ons
Wat wij bieden:
- Mogelijkheid tot groei
- Een dynamische jonge omgeving
- Een werkplek in een prachtig kantoor
- De kans om impact te hebben op de voedselindustrie